SAFEGUARDING AT WINDMILL L.E.A.D. ACADEMY
Staff and Governors at Windmill L.E.A.D. Academy are aware that many children are the victims of different kinds of abuse and that they can be subjected to social factors that have an adverse impact upon their lives – including domestic violence, substance misuse, bullying, mental health and radicalisation. We also acknowledge that safeguarding incidents could happen anywhere and staff should be alert to possible concerns arising.
Through our curriculum we teach children to stay safe and happy. We encourage the understanding that any problem or worry that they may have is legitimate, and to share their worries, big or small with their trusted adult; at home; school or with ChildLine.
- Designated Safeguarding Lead – James Colvin, Deputy Headteacher
- Deputy Safeguarding Lead- Katy Aggus, SENDCO
- Deputy Safeguarding Lead- Teresa Shrestha, Headteacher
- Designated Safeguarding Person- Mel Jago, Attendance Officer
- Safeguarding Governor – Stacey Castillo, Vice Chair of AAB
- Safeguarding Policy
- Safeguarding Policy Addendum May 2020
- Child-friendly version of our Safeguarding Policy
RESOURCES AND LINKS
- Keeping children safe in education
- Working together to safeguard children
- Nottingham City Safeguarding Children Board
- Safeguarding Guidance for Visitors